The main differentiators of the Jelastic PaaS are
- The Cloud Scaling of Java or PHP Apps does not require any code changes or lock-in.
- Unlike others, Jelastic PaaS is available through a global network of hosting service providers, allowing developers to find the right hosting option for their region.
- Developers just need to pick and choose the stack components they need, and Jelastic auto-scales their applications automatically.
- Developers simply need to deploy their code to the cloud, and leave the server administration to Jelastic.
- Jelastic is fully compatible with all major Java software stacks, including Tomcat, GlassFish, and Jetty application servers — as well as with SQL (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB) databases.
- For PHP, Jelastic allows developers to use or switch between any PHP version, access configuration files and change settings, and choose either Apache or NGINX. Every key PHP extension is available, and developers can download and add additional modules easily.
Kasti, CEO of Planeetta Internet on the announcement of the service said “We are thrilled to have Jelastic’s PaaS installed in our data center, which will enable cloud services for our Finnish customers that are unable to host overseas because of strict data protection laws.
Jelastic COO Dmitry Sotnikov says on the release "Our vision is to provide the world's first global PaaS that is standards-based and doesn't put limitations on developers or their code. Now, we’re available in
Earlier this month Jelastic released the Jelastic Eclipse plugin to help Eclipse developers manage their deployments and hosting environments without switching between the IDE and the browser. For further details on Jelastic PaaS and Eclipse plugin please go through the Interview with Dmitry Sotnikov, COO of Jelastic on TooslJournal.