- With the Update1 VS2012 now supports C++ applications to target Windows XP from Visual Studio 2012
- Support for mixed-mode managed/native debugging and native ARM dump debugging is available for Windows Store applications for Windows 8
- Code analysis has been enabled for developers building apps for Windows Phone 8.
- With the Update 1 New ALM capabilities have been built into SharePoint Applications
- IntelliTrace has also been updated to capture SharePoint logging information.
- A a wealth of features to support agile teams have been introduced with the update
- Usability improvements to enable user productivity while managing projects in the web-based interface for Team Foundation Server have also been done
- Update 1 now includes Kanban support
- Update 1 also includes for most of the improvements made to Team Foundation Service in recent months in the Team Foundation Server
- New visualization features and Code Map has also been introduced.
- There has been improvement in the testing experience at all levels, from the management of tests to their execution with the latest release.
- Cross-browser testing is now supported with Update 1
- Test Explorer in Visual Studio has been augmented to enable custom “traits”
- Microsoft Test Manager has also been enhanced with support for pausing/resuming of manual test sessions and automatically creating an image log of all actions performed during an exploratory testing session.
Soon after this update the feature request for the next update has started pouring in. There are requests for MFC feature requests on Visual Studio User Voice particularly improvement in the dialog designer, support for XAML2009 editing and compilation, support for Expression blend 5 (WPF & Silverlight) and more.
Detailed information on the update can be found here.