The latest release includes
- RUMBA 9.0, the core server required for RUMBA+ deployment. Quickly and securely connects to a range of host systems, enabling green-screen terminal emulation along with a set of popular supporting features and functionalities.
- RUMBA+ introduces three different clients that allow the customer to modernize green-screen applications without the need of specialized knowledge of mainframe applications or Windows, iPad or web browser technologies. Easy point and click controls can be created to enhance a single green-screen or to considerably update an entire application.
- RUMBA+ Desktop is the Windows based client that can quickly introduce productivity enhancements to the green screen pop-up calendars, dropdown menus, tool tips, in line help, graphs, Google maps and more.
- RUMBA+ Mobile is an iPad client that enables mobile access to the application with the RUMBA+ Desktop enhancements driven by native iPad functions.
- RUMBA+ Web is a Web client with out-of-the-box usability and immediate extended reach to the mainframe applications. It offers a modern, fresh and user-friendly interface through browser technology without the normal system overheads.
The latest ones to reap benefits out of Micro Focus’ Enterprise Application Modernization software are South Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company (SCFBMIC), the modernization yielded significant efficiency gains for them as well as annual savings of $620,000.
On this Bert Young, vice president of information technology, SCFBMIC said,
“Micro Focus has given us the tools to not only preserve the significant investments we’ve made in our application portfolio over the years, but also build on that investment to dramatically improve efficiency while simultaneously cutting costs, the new systems not only provide a platform for the provision of new services alongside our proven COBOL programs, but our visual programming tool will also greatly speed up development, which boosts business agility and helps us create new, contemporary solutions for our customers.”
[Image Credits: MicroFocus]