Studies in the past have shown that data breaches costs companies millions of dollars. They not only disrupt an organisation’s functioning but also prove to be expensive by way of time and cost overruns, leave alone the fact that they could also damage an organisation’s reputation and erode shareholder value.
The HP Security Breach Management Solution provides clients with the security intelligence to more quickly identify a breach and react to it, so as to minimise its impact, the company said.
“It’s nearly impossible for organisations to prevent a breach, but they can take control of how they respond,” said Andrzej Kawalec, Chief Technology Officer, Enterprise Security Services, HP.
Accelerate response times to protect what matters
The Solution features the new HP Forensic Readiness Service, which helps clients get ahead of attacks. Leveraging on the knowledge of experienced HP consultants, the service helps organisations to behave proactively in the case of malicious attacks by establishing policies and procedures surrounding forensic investigations. As a result, clients are equipped with the resources to quickly gather the best-quality digital evidence in the event of an attack and can apply these processes to gather and document evidence when the next attack occurs.
HP Forensic Readiness Service enables clients to:
- Assess current policies and procedures for breach investigation to develop a plan detailing activities, timelines and potential technologies that organisations should consider to improve their forensic readiness.
- Establish an appropriate forensic readiness policy to create a systematic, standardized and legal basis for the admissibility of digital evidence that may be required in the event of a formal legal dispute.
- Understand how to best handle forensic investigations and gather digital evidence in the event an incident does occur.
Using the HP Security Breach Management Solution, clients can:
- Contain attacks immediately with HP Breach Response Service, which provides 24/7 expert monitoring to detect and respond to intrusions.
- Develop a clear set of processes and policies for the collection and analysis of evidence following security incidents with HP Digital Forensic Services.
- Adhere to regulatory compliance for use in legal investigations and audits following an incident by leveraging HP e-Disclosure and e-Discovery Services, which help organizations develop tight policies and processes for capturing and logging data.
- Collect, log, sort and filter relevant security events with HP Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Services, which leverage HP ArcSight offerings, to enable IT security operations to identify threats and protect systems against them.
[Image Credits: HP]