The Version 4 of SpiraTeam, released on Dec 28, includes a major update to the user interface, the much needed support for mobile devices, enhanced custom properties and work-flows and a new custom report generator.
The new features introduced in Version 4 of SpiraTeam include:
- Better UI and UX
The user interface has been completely re-designed with enhanced usability and performance. Support for thirty (30) custom properties per artifact and additional property types like date, user, multi-list, rich text and more give greater flexibility to the users of the tool. The ability to display data in different time zones adds on to the choices given to the users.
- Test Execution Now Becomes Mobile
The support for mobile web browsers for iOS, Windows Phone and Android adds the much needed mobility to the test execution process.
- Enhancements To Ensure Effective Communication
The communication relating to an issue becomes much more effective with the ability to add comments and raise incidents from the inbound mail itself. Support for user avatars within enhanced discussion thread system adds a personalized touch to the ongoing discussion.
- Cross-Project Management, A New Dimension To ALM Process
The scope of project management has widened with the latest release of SpiraTest, as now tool users will be able to allocate resources, level capabilities and even generate reports across the projects. Enhanced permission system with more customizable and granular user roles / permissions will make the project management process even more effective. Apart from the new features several features available in the previous releases have also been improved upon. Quite a lot of issues observed with the previous releases of the tool have also been fixed with Version 4 of SpiraTeam. In addition to the new features and enhancements the inherent advantages that SpiraTest's customers cannot deny are:
- SpiraTest is a complete solution that includes requirements management, test case management, release management and defect tracking all fully integrated from day one.
- The web browser is sufficient to give a complete picture of a project’s status and health, making the complex ALM process appear simpler.
- Ability to integrate SpiraTest with many automated testing solutions and third-party defect-management systems makes the tool much more usable.