PeerReview Complete eliminates piles of paper from the review process and makes it quick and easy for teams to track the status of open issues and share files with team members in any location or time zone. With customizable workflows and fields, teams can design a review process that follows their existing business processes and create audit trails to meet compliance requirements such as those associated with CMMI and FDA standards.
PeerReview Complete offers comprehensive reviewing, reporting, and administrative features including:
- Synchronous and asynchronous reviewing to view and mark up documents in a virtual setting but also allowing remote users to complete reviews at their convenience.
- Live Chat during the review process using an instant messaging feature that records and tracks the discussion.
- Threaded comment tracking and automated review notification for managing discussion threads and comments with automatic email reminders about deadlines and completed reviews.
- Review hardware description languages to catch bugs in languages like VHDL and Verilog.
- Centralized reporting to automatically collect metrics such as staff hours spent in review, defect data, and number of reviews.
- Customizable workflows and fields to configure roles and templates and keep track of unique metrics.
- “Print to Review” functionality ensures that documents can be printed to a shared review format if the reviewer’s software is unable to natively read the document format.
- Super search across reviews, chat conversations, custom fields, issues, defects, file paths, and users to find all reviews that contain certain files, reviewers, or all defects relating to a particular checklist item.
James Wang, Vice President, Peer Review Products at SmartBear Software, said, “Reviewing and marking up technical documents during the development cycle is crucial but still a huge challenge for teams, as all those artifacts traditionally were kept on paper. The complexity is doubled for embedded systems’ teams who must review technical drawings and software code. For the first time, companies can use the same tool to complete technical document reviews and let the software team review code. PeerReview Complete saves organizations time and money while improving team productivity and product quality.”