New User Interface and Flexible Workflows Radically Streamline and Simplify Code Review, Helping Agile Teams Deliver Higher Quality Code
Kirk Poore, Software Engineer at DeniServ, LLC, a subsidiary of Delta Dental, said, “CodeCollaborator 7.0’s newly simplified review screens make it much easier to ensure everyone has reviewed and approved all documents and bug fixes. It also blends easily with Subversion 1.7 to form a nearly seamless process.”
New features of CodeCollaborator 7.0 focus on the following areas:
Improving User Interactions
- A new user interface expedites code review through: fewer clicks to complete review tasks, concise review status summaries, and streamlined views.
- New group access right options to a team’s specific files and reports enable CodeCollaborator to adapt more easily to each organization’s review processes.
Responding to Change
- New workflow capability enables team members to provide feedback to a developer’s review to foster coaching and improve skill levels throughout the development process.
- New custom field options allow enterprises to comply more easily with requirements for quality metrics and auditing.
Broader tools integration to support developers’ existing environments
- A new SOAP API enables customers and third-party developers to extend CodeCollaborator’s capabilities using industry standard technologies.
- Enhanced support for Perforce shelvesets, and Git, the free and open source distributed version control tool. CodeCollaborator 7.0 also adds support for Subversion (SVN) 1.7 and the latest IBM ClearCase Remote Client.
James Wang, GM and VP, Peer Review Products, at SmartBear said, “We’re excited about the significant new look and capabilities of CodeCollaborator 7.0 that bring a new level of intuitiveness, flexibility, and integration to our customers’ development and code review processes. Code inspection has been proven in studies as the most cost effective way to increase quality, therefore making code review fast, fun and simple have been our primary focus since the beginning, and we believe CodeCollaborator 7.0 delivers.”
Tens of thousands of software developers, systems analysts, firmware and hardware designers already use CodeCollaborator and its sister product, PeerReview Complete, to conduct peer reviews on code, images, design documents, and schematics, and identify software defects early in the development lifecycle.
Refer to SmartBear's website for additional details on what’s new in CodeCollaborator 7.0.