Micro Focus is a well known provider of an enterprise application modernization, testing and management soluions with more than 18,000 customers and over two million licensed users, including 91 of the Fortune Global 100 companies.
Collaboration and Communication with Silk Central
The real-time visibility and collaboration provided by Silk Central’s new dashboard combined with Silk Performer’s extended support for Web and native application testing, enables development teams to catch and drive out defects earlier in the development lifecycle. With increased control and improved productivity, organizations can focus resources where they deliver the most value.
The personal dashboard with in Silk Central includes more than 10 best practice tracking reports out of the box, allowing users to quickly and easily get up to speed on reporting key tests, plan for complete coverage, control test execution and manage individual testers.
Other new features of Silk Central include:
- Manual Execution Planning approach assists in selection, distribution, and execution of manual tests, ensuring that software development teams are working at peak efficiency so no resource is wasted during critical testing cycles.
- Enhanced Manual Test Execution features give test managers and testers a simple and easy way to track and execute manual tests. All test assignments and status reports are available on the personal dashboard, testers no longer need to navigate to separate activities panes for updates.
- Extended browser support for Google Chrome gives users a broad choice in browser types.
Software Testing On Cloud With Silk Performer
The new Silk Performer solution uses Borland’s leading load, performance and stress testing, for on-premise, mobile, and cloud applications to extend web 2.0, mobile testing and cloud capabilities.
- Cloud Ready Apps: With added support for Java, Java over HTTP, Silverlight and Flex/AMF3, Silk Performer now offers increased breadth and depth of web technology for the cloud, giving users more choice and ability to performance test all of their Web 2.0 applications.
- Improved Usability: Silk Performer is now more intuitive for both new and experienced users. Fully modernized and streamlined workflows make it easier for users to install, demo and use, enabling development teams to comprehensively measure the performance and stability of their mission-critical enterprise applications.
- Mobile Enablement: Silk Performer now fully supports performance testing of mobile Web and native applications with out-of-the-box profiles for popular mobile devices and application types. This extensive support makes it easier to isolate and fix issues and gives users the option to test both HTTP and HTML mobile native applications.